Making Dublin a sustainable destination
We at Dublin Convention Bureau strive to make Dublin a sustainable destination
We are passionate about caring for the world we live in and endeavour to do our best to support our clients in hosting an environmentally conscious and sustainable meeting, while simultaneously supporting our MICE industry in furthering their own commitments to the environment.
The MICE industry, and tourism as a whole, faces many challenges around the environment, sustainable tourism, and climate change to name but a few. We want to be transparent to our stakeholders and become global leaders in sustainable tourism through continuous improvement. We acknowledge that it is a long journey but commit to encompassing as many of the UN SDG’s in our objectives going forward.
Our efforts so far include:
- Entering the Global Destination Sustainability Index in 2017 and continuing our submission year on year.
- Increasing our Convention Bureau score on the GDS- Index by 200% within one year.
- Coming in second for “Most Improved Destination” worldwide on the GDS-Index.
- Phasing out old physical collateral in favour of more environmentally friendly alternatives, such as the Parley for the Ocean reusable tote bags featured at our most recent flagship Meet Dublin In London event.
- Creating a dedicated sustainability page on our website with relevant tools and guidance for our clients.
- Established a dedicated and committed sustainability industry taskforce, complied of representatives across the entire industry.
- Creating a partnership with relevant bodies to launch a range of CSR initiatives to engage internal delegates that focus on a range of issues such as Food Waste (UN SDG 2 – Zero Hunger) Accessibility ( UN SDG 9 – Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure) and Plastic Ocean Pollution (UN SDG 14 – Life Below Water).
Using the GDS Index as a benchmarking process, we review our efforts annually and commit to improving our efforts and scores year on year. We also commit to supporting our industry with relevant training and events as required.